Its Cinco De Mayo and if you’re on your way to a party empty handed stop what your doing, put down the pre-party tequila shots and whip this side dish up. Not only is it easy to make (I’m talking 20 minutes people) it has bacon and avocado…..what more could you want really?
Bacon, Avocado and Corn Salad
- Thick Cut Bacon (how much is up to you but I used 8 slices)
- 3 Cans of Whole Kernel Corn
- Chopped Cilantro
- 2 Avocados
- 1 pkg of Feta Cheese (40z)
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Get to cooking that bacon. I baked mine in the oven for about 12 minutes and then let sit on paper towels to drain the oil.
- In a saute pan cook corn and cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- While the corn is cooking check on your bacon and begin preparing the avocado, chopping it up into small chunks. Set aside into a small bowl.
- Once bacon is cooked let drain and then chop into small pieces.
- Remove corn from heat and pour into a large bowl. Add avocado, bacon and feta cheese. Stir together.
Okay so now you can resume the tequila shots and head on out to the party. Enjoy!!
(this recipe was adapted from Recipe Girl’s version where she used fresh corn)